Homefire Kiln Dried Hardwood Logs - Large Handy Bag
Dried to a moisture level of less than 20% in a purpose built kiln, Homefire Kiln Dried Hardwood Logs are Ready to Burn certified.
Quantity Cost Per Unit 1 - 9 £22.95 10 - 19 £21.95 20+ £19.95
Homefire Kiln Dried Hardwood Logs
Large Handy bag of kiln-dried logs delivered straight into your log store (Loose volume equivalent 0.1m3)
At Homefire, we take the hassle out of ordering large quantities of wood logs. You can buy our Standard Crate of Kiln-Dried Logs in Handy Bags for a competitive price and have them delivered right to your fireplace. 10 neatly bundled Handy Bags ensure you have a sufficient quantity of this premium firewood at home, meaning you’re not going to run out of smokeless fuel for a long time.
Dried to a moisture level of less than 20% in a purpose-built kiln, Homefire Kiln Dried Hardwood Logs are Ready to Burn certified. Moreover, these large handy bags are big enough to provide great value for money but small enough to be delivered straight to your log store.
To ensure high quality at all times, our Kiln Dried Hardwood Logs meet strict quality control guidelines for moisture content, size, package volume, species and country of origin.
- Kiln-dried to less than 20% moisture content
- Suitable for smokeless zones in DEFRA-exempt appliances.
- By far our most popular sized bag
- Ready to Burn
- Burns at a high temperature with a long and natural flame
- Low smoke emissions make them better for the environment
- Low in tar, so better for your appliance
- Ideal for wood burning stoves, multi-fuel stoves, pizza ovens or traditional open fires
- Can even be used in chimeneas to keep you warm outside on late summer nights
- Packed into water-resistant bags to maintain a fresh, dry quality
- Carefully sourced from responsibly managed forests.
|Ash Content||Very Low|
|Moisture Content||20 Percent|
|Smoke Emissions||Less than 10g per hour|
|CO2 Saving||100 Percent|
|Ready to Burn||Yes|
|Log Size||230mm (+/- 20mm)|
|Works Best On||Multi Fuel Stoves, Open Fires, Chimeneas, Cooker, Room Heater, Wood Burner|
Kiln-dried wood is a brilliant fuel source that will generate beautiful flames and provide excellent heat.
The steps to use kiln-dried firewood are as follows:
- Make sure your combustion chamber (the area where you light your fire) is clean and free of any debris before starting.
- Using firelighters and kindling, create a base and start your fire.
- Once some flames start to appear, place your kiln-dried wood on top, and spread evenly over the kindling and firelighters so air can flow between the logs.
- If your fire starts to dwindle, add more logs while moving around the current logs to create more pockets of space for the oxygen to flow.
- Once your fire has been extinguished, let the remnants cool down before attempting to clean your combustion chamber so you are prepared for your next fire.
These logs contain a low moisture content which is better for the environment and those near the fire. For more information on kiln-dried wood, explore the Homefire website.